Frequently Asked Questions
- Nipple problems? Cracked nipples / Inverted nipples / Retracted nipples / Flat nipples how to manage breastfeeding
- Engorgement? How to manage & expression technique of breast-milk
- Mastitis / Breast Abcess / Blocked Duct / Twins: How to manage breastfeeding?
- Cleft lip /Cleft palate / Ankyloglossia (Toung Tie): How to manage breastfeeding?
Mother’s milk is a natural complete food for the baby. Human milk is for human babies while cow’s milk is for the calf. Breastfeeding offers many advantages to mother-infant pair. Baby and mother will not get these benefits if cow, buffalo or formula milk is used for feeding.
- What are the advantages offered by Breastmilk and Breastfeeding for the baby?
- How should family give support to the mother for breastfeeding?
- What are the advantages offered by Breastfeeding for the mother?
- How should mother prepare for breastfeeding during pregnancy? Should she take some special care of breasts and nipples?
- When should breastfeeding begin after delivery and how?
- Mother does not produce milk for the first few days after delivery. What should be fed to quench baby’s thirst and hunger during this period?
- Is it appropriate to follow the tradition of giving honey, sugar water, etc. to the baby before the first breastfeed (Pre-Lacteal feeds)?
- Where should the baby be kept after delivery?
- How frequently and how long should the child be breastfed?
- How should the mother hold the baby while breastfeeding?
- How long should the baby be breastfed? When should water, gripe water, balkadu etc be given to the baby?
- How to know that the baby is getting enough breastmilk?
- Should breastfeeding be stopped during mother’s illnesses?
- Is it correct to enforce dietary restrictions on mother with the fear that some food substances can affect baby’s health?
- Is it all right to use a bottle for giving water or milk to a child?
- How should a working mother manage breastfeeding?
- How to take general care of the baby?
- What food mother should start at the end of 6 months?
- What is a Baby Friendly Hospital?
Two important topics
a) Working mothers
b) Initiation of breastfeeding by Breast Crawl