Ideal Months: 6th-8th months of Pregnancy
Family / Individual / Group Counseling
Source of information: WHO, UNICEF, BPNI Maharashtra
Duration: Only one session of 1 Hr.
|Questions related to Breastfeeding Practices||50 minutes|
|Questions related to Child Care||10 minutes|
|Total Duration:||60 minutes|
Initiation of Breastfeeding in labour room – by Breast Crawl : www.breastcrawl.org
The process of restarting breastfeeding in a mother who was lactating for some period after the delivery but had stopped breastfeeding for some reason eg. Reduced supply after joining work or after a breastfeeding problem or illness.
The process of inducing breastmilk formation in a mother who has not delivered in the immediate past or at any time prior eg. Adoption, Surrogacy Guidance and Help for above will be provided.
Postnatal (Post- Delivery) Counselling
- Practically very useful
- One to One Session
- Attachment and Positioning can be demonstrated
- Breastmilk Expression can be taught
- Prevention and management of Problems: Cracked nipples, Engorgement, Less milk etc.
- Assessment and suggestions to support the mother
Important to know:
- How frequently mother should feed the baby after delivery?
- How to wake up a sleepy baby?
- How to know that the baby is hungry?
- How to know if baby is getting enough in first few days?
- Exclusive breastfeeding and how long mother should continue breastfeeding?
- No bottles, pacifiers, tinned milk or readymade baby foods at any time
Special help and Counselling in Positioning/Attachment/Expression/Storage in view of breastfeeding problems arising due to High Risk Babies